December 28, 2015

My highlights of style in 2015

Before 2016 rings in, I want to mention a few of my favourite style trends to emerge in 2015. Style is something that constantly evolves and changes as life transpires. Some of my inspirational stylists this year were beauty vloggers like Chloe Morello and Rachael Brook, and sydney trend setters posting instagram shots with lush layouts of fashion, accessories and beauty products.

Of course Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Elle remain constant sources of influence, largely because they dedicatedly present fashion houses collections and keep us informed in all we need to know. Travelling to Europe this year also meant I could see designer collections first hand and see the trends first in the Northern hemisphere, knowing what I could expect to hit down under later that year.

Last but not least, what my friends do with their fashion and accessory choices always inspire me, as well as women I spot in my daily life. I admittedly check out women much more than I do men. People watching gives me some of my greatest style thoughts.

Here is three trends I will be taking through to the new year.

Ear Cuffs

Not brave enough to pierce my ears beyond the school girl pearls in each ear, ear cuffs allowed me to experiment with jewellery not usually for those less adventurous types. Ear cuffs come in all different sizes and placements with different stones, metals and designs. Ornate ones create a dramatic effect and small dainty pieces dress up a simple ensemble.

Rachael Brook - Ear Cuff Amber Sceats
My ear cuff from Mimco
Chloe Morello




Reflective sunglasses

Straight off the runway, the latest trend in sunglass wear in high gloss reflective pieces that will make a statement. Aviator shape, bright colours, loud styles and bold metals, this trend isn't subtle.


















Mini Cross Body Bags

Mini.

Long strap or petite handles.

Structured and super cute. May contain studs, tassels or buckles.

THE bag trend of 2015 and it's here to stay.






What trend got you excited this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment