February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day Sparkly Pink Rose Scrub DIY Lush Style


Hi my lovelies, I have a recipe for you to make a delicious and super girly scrub for the bath or shower that will leave your skin smooth, nourished and sparkly! Lots of bloggers and You Tubers have been doing Lush hauls for Valentine's Day and it got me inspired to create my own spa treat for the celebratory day.

Use this scrub as part of a relaxing night in or as a prep for a date night. I found some of the ingredients at a speciality cake store but you can use what you can find or omit certain ingredients if necessary.

Valentine's Day Pink Rose Scrub

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of coconut oil/almond oil
  • 1 teaspoon of natural pink food colouring
  • 8 - 10 drops of rose oil 
  • 4 - 6 drops of strawberry essence 
  • 2 teaspoons of edible pink glitter
  • 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of white rice
Method:
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the oils, food colouring and essence. Pour in the sugar, rice and glitter and stir to combine. 
  2. Transfer to a clean jar to store. You can decorate as you please to give as gifts or to use just for yourself!
Note: When you use the scrub, you will get glitter on you which will come off in a day. If you don't want to be glittery, omit the glitter part. I used rice in my scrub because I like the different texture for exfoliation and I also think it looks pretty. Feel free to experiment with what you have!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete