February 09, 2014

My Green Smoothie Recipe


On every health food blog you will hear clean eaters banging on about green smoothies. Green smoothies are the new official super breakfast and I indulge in one every morning. These bright green drinks are not just good for you they actually taste amazing. Really. I crave my green smoothie, I'm not joking. They take mere minutes to make and if you are lucky enough to have a high-powered blender like my beloved Vitamix, the result is a creamy and sweet luxurious morning drink. 

Don't freak out about the colour or the addition of leafy greens, you won't detect the salad ingredients in the smoothie, it's masked by the yummy fruits I promise.

My Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 large handful of organic baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup of coconut water
  • 1 small frozen banana
  • a few chunks of honeydew melon
  • 1/2 cup of ice
  • 1 teaspoon of probiotic powder (or digestion superfood powder)
  • 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon of LSA
Directions:
  1. Put all the ingredients into your blender and mix until smooth and creamy. You can add more water or coconut water if your blender is struggling to mix everything together.
  2. Serve in a tall glass immediately and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment