January 28, 2013
This recipe is Oprah's original go-to mix for a pomegranate martini, which I first has in Las Vegas just recently. Packed with antioxidants, it's delicious and kinda good for you.... Drink up! Click on this story to find the recipe :)
Hi my lovely readers, I just got back from a trip to L.A. and Las Vegas and found some really delicious foods and inspiration for healthy recipes! I ate out everyday and (most of the time) managed to find healthy options in keeping with my dietary rules. One lunch I particularly enjoyed was this gorgeous grilled salmon with a berry salad, arranged on a bed of mesculin lettuce and filled with blackberries, red grapes, pomegranate seeds, sliced strawberries, finely diced celery and shredded basil. (I didn't partake in the creamy balsamic dressing....)
January 13, 2013
Coffee Vegan Balls
- 1 can of soy condensed milk
- 1 packet of plain vanilla biscuits
- 3 tablespoons of sugar-free chocolate coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon of dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sultanas, soaked in a shot of espresso or a coffee tea bag
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut, plus 1/2 cup for rolling
- 2 tablespoons of Tia Maria
- Process the biscuits until crushed.
- Add the condensed milk, coffee powder, cocoa powder, tia maria and coconut, mix until combined. Add in the sultanas. If the mixture seems to wet, add more coconut until the right consistency is achieved.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle more easily.
- Once cooled, use a tablespoon to spoon out the mixture and roll into balls. Coat the balls in coconut and place in a container to store. Either store in the freezer or fridge, depending how chilled you prefer them. Keep cool.